MIF aims to meet everyone’s accessibility needs. We offer discounts for disabled patrons, an essential carer ticket free of charge, create accessible performances and work hard to ensure our venues are accessible for all.
This page contains information on disabled access and accessible performances for all MIF shows. As MIF is dedicated to world premieres and special events, a number of which are staged in unusual venues and found spaces, many of our projects are still in the planning stages. As our plans develop, we’ll post more information and updates about access to our venues and accessible performances. If you’d like to receive information by email, sign up to our access newsletter here. If you have any specific access requests, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full map of disabled parking bays in Manchester city centre, please visit the Manchester City Council website.
All events are ticketed unless otherwise stated. Follow us on Twitter @MIFestival for updates on availability.
You can book access tickets online from individual show pages, via the dedicated MIF accessibility number on 0161 817 4547 or email us on email@example.com. If you make a booking, we will be in touch to discuss your specific accessibility requirements.
Everything that happened and would happen
- The venue, Mayfield, is a large former railway depot. The floor is uneven and may be wet in places.
- The building may be cold so we recommend dressing warmly.
- There is step free, flat floor access to all areas of the event but additional assistance may be provided to wheelchair users or those unable to walk long distances.
- Seats will be available for those that require them.
- There will be toilets on site including Accessible facilities.
- No Babes In Arms are allowed for this event and baby changing facilities will not be available.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome to stay with their handler throughout the performance.
- Currently no BSL Interpreted, Captioned or Audio Described performances are planned, but as the event develops, more information will be available.
- Disabled parking will be available at the venue, details will be released closer to the time to Access bookers, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 817 4547 for more information.
- We welcome any specific requests for Access provision via email@example.com or 0161 817 4547.
Book tickets here
Types of accessible performance
MIF stages four distinct types of accessible performance.
AD: Audio-described performance
Audio description offers a live commentary of the action to assist blind and visually impaired patrons.
BSL: British Sign Language-interpreted performance
A British Sign Language-interpreter will relay the spoken words for audiences who are deaf and hearing-impaired.
CAP: Captioned performance
Captioning displays dialogue and some sound effects as visible text to assist deaf and hearing-impaired patrons.
REL: Relaxed performance
Relaxed performances welcome all who may benefit from a more relaxed performance environment, including people with an Autism Spectrum Condition, sensory and communication disorders or a learning disability.