If you’d like to bring MIF to your house or flat, there are two ways to send us your idea:
- Create a home video of no longer than three minutes explaining your idea (using your mobile phone is fine), or
- Explain your idea in an email (maximum 200 words)
Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure you include your name, postcode, age, email address and contact number. We’ll be reviewing your submissions every month, and we’re aiming to support up to 10 micro-Festivals before the end of Summer 2017.
What ideas are eligible?
- Your festival must take place within a house, flat or other residential space in the metropolitan borough of Manchester (we hope to expand the project across Greater Manchester in the future)
- It must involve the arts
- It must involve an artist, or a group of artists, experts or highly skilled professionals
- Your festival may be as long or as short as you like, as long as it can be presented within the budget of £1,500
- Under-18s will need consent and involvement from a parent or guardian
- All participants must agree to be filmed and photographed and to participate in a post-festival evaluation
What happens next?
- We’ll send regular announcements to let you know which applications have been selected
- If your idea is chosen, we’ll connect you with an MIF producer, who will help you to present the best possible event
- We’ll allocate a budget of £1,500 to your festival, and will help you to identify and manage all the costs associated with bringing your idea to life.
Questions? Please email email@example.com for more information.