MIF Commissioning Circle
‘It’s been fantastic, with some amazing, memorable commissions – everything we hoped for and more. We feel privileged to have been a part of it all’ Valerie Torevell, MIF Commissioning Circle
The MIF Commissioning Circle brings you to the very heart of the Festival’s mission of producing, presenting and promoting ambitious new works of art.
In the run-up to each Festival, the MIF Commissioning Circle follows the development of several Festival projects from commission to fruition. Members of the circle meet the artists and discuss their work with them at close quarters, enjoying exclusive updates as each project grows from its initial idea into an MIF world premiere. Invitations to dress rehearsals, preview performances, special dinners, pre- and post-show parties and other unique events will help you forge a closer relationship with these specific works and with the Festival as a whole – taking you to the centre of the creative process.
For MIF15, the MIF Commissioning Circle supported three brand new works:
- Tree of Codes, an exclusive collaboration between choreographer Wayne McGregor, artist Olafur Eliasson and musician Jamie xx that will have played in New York, Paris, London and Aarhus by the start of MIF17
- The Immortal, a new work by young British composer Mark Simpson that went on to win the 2016 South Bank Sky Arts Award for Classical Music
- Performance Capture, a fascinating digital artwork by Ed Atkins that won wide acclaim from critics and visitors
Benefits of joining the MIF Commissioning Circle include:
- The opportunity to attend up to four exclusive Commissioning Circle events with John McGrath, MIF’s CEO & Artistic Director, and up to two private dinners in London, hosted by John McGrath with MIF artists presenting their MIF Commissioning Circle commissions
- Personal invitations to attend dress rehearsals, previews, premieres and after-show parties for every MIF Commissioning Circle commission
- Named acknowledgment and recognition on the MIF website, in the programmes for MIF commissions, in the MIF17 brochure and in the post-Festival MIF Little Black Book and Little Blue Book
- Personal invitations for you and a guest to the first MIF17 announcement in autumn 2016 and the official MIF17 launch in spring 2017, plus a confidential run-through of the programme
- Exclusive invitations to other pre-Festival gatherings with MIF donors and the MIF team
- Personal invitations for you and a guest to the MIF17 VIP First Night Party (Thu 29 June 2017), an additional MIF17 after-show party and at least one further supporters’ event during MIF17
- A personal invitation for you and a guest to the MIF Chairman’s Brunch during MIF17
- Tickets for MIF commissions up to a value of £500, with a bespoke priority ticketing service and support from a dedicated Account Manager
- Complimentary programmes for every show you attend, and a copy of the MIF17 brochure sent to your home
- Access to exclusive MIF events, such as previews and artist Q&As
- The chance to attend one national or international MIF touring show
- Priority booking for casual entertaining and dining on Festival Square
To become a member of the MIF Commissioning Circle, we suggest making a minimum donation of £10,000, either as a one-off payment or in instalments. As MIF is a registered charity, all but £925 of your donation will be eligible for Gift Aid – which increases the value of your gift to us by 25%. For more information, please contact Rachel Green, Development Director, on +44 (0)161 817 4516 or email@example.com.
MIF17 Commissioning Circle
We would like to extend our sincere thanks to all members of the Commissioning Circle for MIF17.
- Ben Caldwell
- Tony & Jane Elliott
- Stephen & Jane Sorrell
- Richard Thomas (Founder)
- Martyn & Valerie Torevell
- John Williams