Festival Square’s food traders have a new home for MIF17! Designed by Paloma Gormley of Practice Architecture and Nicolas Henninger from the Office for Crafted Architecture, our new Festival Barns are currently being built in Albert Square in preparation for Festival Square’s opening at noon on Friday 30 June. But who’s going to be serving food and drink in the Square? Read on to find out…
- Heathcote & Co, longtime Festival friends, are back for their sixth MIF. This year, they’ll be joined by Kendal’s Staff of Life Bakery, baking fresh bread right here on the Square every day and then serving it with a wonderful variety of fillings and toppings.
- Hispi, the brilliant Didsbury bistro, are developing a new take on their already innovative modern cuisine – think fine dining meets street food. After MIF17, chef Gary Usher will be turning his attention to new bistro Wreckfish, due to open in Liverpool later this year.
- Honest Crust are decamping from their Altrincham Market House home to create their signature wood-fired pizzas and fresh salads, all made only with top-quality ingredients – including a special Festival pizza, available exclusively on Festival Square.
- Manjit’s Kitchen are heading over the Pennines from their Leeds Market café to Festival Square with fresh, vibrant and wholly vegetarian Indian street food – both old favourites and tasty new additions to the menu.
- Ginger’s Comfort Emporium are back with their irresistible, indulgent and thoroughly grown-up range of ice creams – including a special Festival flavour, devised and served only at MIF17. When they’re not at MIF17, you can find them in Afflecks Palace.
- JW Lees are brewing our special Festival Ale, and are also collaborating with Cloudwater on an exclusive MIF beer. It’s only available at Festival Square’s four bars, along with lagers, craft beers, a full wine list and a wide range of soft drinks.
Festival Square is open from noon until late every day from Friday 29 June to Sunday 16 July. You can read more about the Square’s packed programme of live music and nightly DJs on our website.