Thu 4 July
Castlefield Bowl, Duke Street/ Liverpool Road, M3 4JR
7pm (doors 6pm)
webBreak £35 Full Price webBreak Concessions £5 off webBreak £10 Greater Manchester resident lower waged webBreak £2 transaction fee per order (no per ticket fee) webBreak webBreak Max 4 tickets per person webBreak webBreak Standing Event
Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult. No under 5s.
first release tickets on sale now
- There is limited space on the accessible platforms and priority will be given to wheelchair users.
- There is no dedicated parking for this event. For a full map of Blue Badge parking bays in Manchester city centre, please visit the Manchester City Council website.
- A dedicated Access Steward will be located close to the entrance to the event at Duke Street – look for the Access sign as you come in. You can check in with them when you arrive to receive an access wristband which will allow you to use the accessible facilities. The Access Steward will be able to give you detailed information about the venue, direct you to the accessible facilities and assist you with reaching the accessible viewing platform if required.
- The venue, Castlefield Bowl is an open-air arena in the Castlefield area of Manchester city centre. Depending on the weather, it may be cold or wet at the venue, please wear appropriate clothing and flat shoes. There are brick cobbles throughout Castlefield Bowl, and the floor may be uneven.
- There is step-free, flat floor access to all areas of the event. There is an acccess ramp to the viewing platforms.
- Two accessible viewing platforms with a view of the stage are available for those with access requirements.
- The viewing platforms will be suitable for wheelchair users or those who cannot stand for long periods of time – accessible seating will also be provided here.
- There will be toilets on site including accessible facilities.
- All bars have accessible lowered service points for customers with access requirements. These will be clearly sign-posted.
- This event will feature high sound levels, strobe, haze and laser effects.
- Earplugs will be available.
- There is no captioning, BSL interpretation or audio-description available for this event.
plus special guests
Janelle Monáe makes her MIF debut with an exclusive show on the opening night of MIF19.
A singular and spectacular live performer, Monáe received massive acclaim in 2018 for Dirty Computer, which reached the top ten on both sides of the Atlantic and was named NPR’s Album of the Year. The Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter, producer, actress (Moonlight, Hidden Figures) and activist is playing just two UK dates in 2019 – and we’re thrilled she’s joining us for this one-off open-air show at Castlefield Bowl.
Photographer - JUCO