Tue 12 March -
Thu 25 April
Under 18's to be accompanied by an adult
We’re starting to finalise the design for Festival Square, the home of MIF19 in the heart of the city next summer – and we need your help to make it happen.
With the help of our friends from Standard Practice, we’re running a series of free tile-making workshops at which you’ll get to design and decorate your very own Festival Square tile. All the tiles made at these special evenings will go on to adorn the bars in Festival Square before getting a new life after MIF19, which we’ll reveal at the workshops.
Held at Underway in Mayfield, just around the corner from Manchester Piccadilly Station, all the workshops will be hosted by a professional potter. There’ll be coffee and biscuits available, and every evening will be soundtracked by playlists specially compiled for us by local DJs.
In particular, look out for the special Christmas workshops on 13 and 18 December, with free mulled wine and Christmas music, and the Valentine’s special with chocolates and wine on 14 February.
All the workshops are free, but capacity is limited and booking is absolutely essential. If you’re part of a community group and would like to bring six or more people to a workshop, please email us directly at email@example.com for special group bookings
- The venue, Mayfield, is a large former railway depot close to Manchester Piccadilly station. Please wear warm clothing and flat shoes: it may be cold inside the venue, and parts of the floor may be uneven.
- There is step-free, flat floor access to all areas of the event. The entrance to the venue (Tunnel Seven, Temperance Street), has a slight ramp.
- There will be toilets on site including accessible facilities.
- The event is mainly standing but there will be accessible seating available for those who require a seat.
- There is no captioning, BSL interpretation or audio-description available for this event.
- A free cloakroom will be available for any audience members who wish to leave access equipment for the duration of the event, this will be located by the workshop.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with their handlers throughout the event.
- If you would like to speak to someone about a specific Access request, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.