Wed 17 July -
Sat 20 July
90 minutes no interval
Ukranian Cultural Centre webBreak 31 Smedley Lane, M8 8XB
£20 webBreak £15 Concessions webBreak £2 transaction fee per order (no per ticket fee) webBreak webBreak 4 tickets per person webBreak
Down at the end of Lonely Street – or Smedley Lane, as they call it in North Manchester – choreographer Claire Cunningham and her ensemble of leading disabled performers invite you to join them for a drink at a Cheetham Hill social club as they pull back the curtain on the glittering world of the Elvis tribute artist.
Fresh from a crash course in Elvis-ing and intimate conversations with a range of tribute artists, Thank You Very Much takes to the floor in witty and revealing fashion. The company pull on their rhinestone-studded jumpsuits to ask: are we caught in a trap? Who have we been trying to be all our lives? Has it ever been our choice? And is anyone ever truly incomparable?
Claire Cunningham – Concept & Choreography
Dan Watson – Associate Director
Bethany Wells – Designer
Christopher Copland – Lighting Designer
Matthias Herrmann – Sound Designer & Composer
Shanti Freed – Costume Designer
Luke Pell – Dramaturg
Commissioned by Manchester International Festival, National Theatre of Scotland and Perth Festival in association with tanzhaus nrw and Dance Umbrella. Produced by Manchester International Festival and National Theatre of Scotland.
Photo: Anna Cervinkova
- This event takes place at the Ukrainian Cultural Centre (31 Smedley Lane, Cheetham Hill, Manchester M8 8XB).
- The venue is located just off Cheetham Hill Road, two miles north of Manchester city centre. The Ukrainian Cultural Centre is around ten minutes’ walk from Queens Road Metrolink.
- There is ample parking at the venue, including accessible spaces.
- There is step-free, flat floor access to all areas of the venue. There are toilets on site, including an accessible toilet.
- This is a seated event, and wheelchair spaces and accessible seating will be available.
- Assistance dogs are welcome at the venue.