Sat 29 June -
Sat 13 July
Click 'Book Now' for full schedule webBreak webBreak Access Perfs webBreak CAP Tue 9 & Wed 10 July, 8pm
Upper Campfield Market Hall webBreak Campfield Avenue Arcade, M3 4FH
Recommended 14+, Under-18s must be accompanied by an adult
£35 webBreak £30 previews (Sat 29 June - Wed 3 July), Concessions webBreak £2 transaction fee per order (no per ticket fee)
It’s just 12 hours from London to his parents’ homeland, but to Kaleo (Alfred Enoch), South Africa is another world. A family tragedy finally forces him to visit for the first time – and as he takes his journey of healing, Kaleo must confront hidden histories and right the wrongs of the past. But first he must face the present: a shattered family, fighting to hold on to what they believe is theirs, in a nation haunted by the ghosts of its own turbulent past.
Directed by Kwei-Armah, Artistic Director of London’s Young Vic, with music inspired by Elba’s album Mi Mandela, Tree is an exhilarating show about identity, family and belonging, seen through the eyes of one man on the toughest journey of his life.
Kwame Kwei-Armah – Director
Paul Morris – Associate Director
Jon Bausor – Set & Costume Designer
Gregory Maqoma – Choreographer
Jon Clark – Lighting Designer
Paul Arditti – Sound Designer
Duncan McLean – Video Designer
Michael ‘Mikey J’ Asante – Music Supervisor & Composer
Pippa Ailion CDG – Casting Director
A Manchester International Festival, Young Vic and Green Door Pictures co-production. In association with Eleanor Lloyd Productions, Bob Benton for Anthology Theatre and Eilene Davidson.
Photo: Marc Brenner
- Upper Campfield Market Hall is a large former industrial building in central Manchester. It is close to Deansgate Station and Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink.
- There is step free, flat-floor access to all areas of the event.
- There are toilets on site, including accessible facilities.
- This will be a standing event. There will be wheelchair spaces and reserved accessible seating available for those with access requirements and we anticipate that we will be offering some captioned performances.
- If you are interested in booking for a captioned performance, please log in or create a new account, and select your access requirements under ‘other preferences’. This will add you to our Access Mailing List, and we will contact you when the dates for captioned performances are confirmed.
- If you make an access booking, we will contact you before the performance with detailed access information.
- We welcome specific access enquires. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our dedicated access number on 0161 817 4547.